[Bese-devel] session.current-frame race condition?

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Thu May 11 08:49:23 UTC 2006

hi!

what happens if two requests come simulateneously into the same
session? seems like to me that (setf session.current-frame ...) will
have a race condition... shouldn't it be a bound dynamic variable just
like *context* or be a slot in *context*?

also something related: some code in my action handling extras needs
an atomic-incf (for isolated, but not to be mistaken with the
hashtable based defaction :isolated). does anyone have an idea how to
have it inside ucw?

to be honest i'm not actually using (action-href :isolated t) anywhere
yet, but i think will come handy once. currenty it breaks the service
loop and returns with an empty page (ucw_ajax branch) but eventually
it should record the response that the first invocation created and
blindly return it to the client when the href is requested again.

- attila

(alias 101 on irc &no 'its not lisp code :)