[Bese-devel] simple submit sans javascript.

Maciek Pasternacki maciekp at japhy.fnord.org
Tue May 9 23:05:47 UTC 2006

On Prickle-Prickle, Discord 56, 3172 YOLD, Drew Crampsie wrote:

> Imagine my surprise when, after updating to ucw_dev, ALL my
> application stopped working!
>
> The culprit? forms now require dojo to work. I like dojo as much as
> the next guy, but i rarely initially develop in an environment where
> it is available.

I was struggling with it myself at the moment, considering if the
Right Way for my app would be to use dojo or roll some simpler form
stuff.

> To tell you the truth, i've never much liked the fact that forms used
> Javascript to begin with, but lived with it until now :)

Neither did I, IMHO JS should be used only when necessary.

> anyways, patchy patchy applied to ucw_public and attached. Personally,
> i think that SIMPLE-FORMS should become the default, and the complex,
> bulky, page-bloating javascript producing forms should be used only if
> the user specifically wants them.
>
> Thoughts?

Great!  Applied, I'll play with it some more tomorrow and decide if I
will use it, or stick with dojo.  One way or the other, it is good to
have some way to avoid using JS in ucw apps.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <maciekp at japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...to keep from dying is not the same as ``to live''. }