[Bese-devel] OT::request dispatching

Wojciech Kaczmarek wojtekk at kofeina.net
Tue Mar 14 23:02:45 UTC 2006

On 14 Mar 2006, at 23:04, Attila Lendvai wrote:

>> i'm a newcomer to lisp, and one of the most positive aspects of this
>> community is that people tend to not care that much about backward
>> compatibility...
>>
>> i understand that this may be an issue with deployed instances, etc.,
>> but there are many ways to handle that.
>>
>> just my 0.02,
> hm, i think everything's there in the few lines above, especially in
> the "many ways to handle that". i only wanted to support Marco in the
> progressive thinking...
>
> (and i do have some nontrivial applications deployed that we are right
> in the process of rewriting in lisp... ;)
>
> [some burning material has been cut from here before catching fire :]

Another 2 cents:
<YMMV> The more I think about this discussion the more I conclude that
one of the main reasons I like UCW is that people here are focused on
(combined) fun, work and fun of work rather than on 'issues',
'releases' and all that stuff. Probably most of us is earning money by
working on software thus probably we have enough of this. Focusing on
real work (instead of premature assumptions and fears) is smart. And
very 'lispy', because in Lisp we can do our work really in a way we
like. That's smart. I like smart people and I'm willing (partly because
of my laziness) to use products of smart people because they are better
than average products. So probably that's the reason why I'm really
fond of this and several other CL projects with all their backward
ruthless incompatibilities :) </YMMV>

Gosh, looks like I'm writing more essays than code lately..