[Bese-devel] Re: dom-id's in xxx-select-field elements

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 16 07:45:29 UTC 2006

Lou Vanek <vanek at acd.net> writes:

> Shame there are two branches. I would've just added more
> config parameters and never have split it. This is the CL
> problem in microcosm--fractured at best / spread too thin
> and left for dead at worst. CL may be a victim of its own
> malleability: it's so easy to change things that everybody and his
> dog wants to make their own version of the program. Heck, that
> even applies to me and I'm just a Lisp-young'n.

wrong.

the ucw_dev branch is what I, and others, use for day to day work. it
does not undergo major changes without much fore-warning. the ucw_ajax
branch is attempting to add ajax goodness to ucw, this can not be done
if you're limited to small, stable, changes.

ucw_ajax gives attila the freedom to experiment with different things
without making me worry about breaking all my apps every other
day. there's some very cool stuff going on on that branch, and it
_will_ be merged into ucw_dev (and closed) at some point in the near
future. this is not a case of fragmentation or forking, this is just a
normal development practice.

Forget your perfect offering.