[Bese-devel] Re: component tree

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Jun 16 07:33:11 UTC 2006

"Marijn Haverbeke" <marijnh at gmail.com> writes:

> So why is the session put into a hidden input when it is also stored in a
> cookie? Do UCW applications without cookies work at all? A quick experiment
> seems to suggest they do at least simple things right, what is the difference
> between an application with cookies and one without?

ucw apps work fine without cookies, though you lose "pretty" urls. the
cookie code is very simplistic and does not keep track of whether the
client accepts cookies or not, so we always set bot the cookie and the
request parameter for forms.

> Also, I noticed that when no :action is defined for a form, the accessors &
> writers of its fields have no effect. Is this by design? If so, why?

<ucw:form does have an action parameter, are you talking about
simple-form? if you are then not that simple-form is, well, a simple
form widget. if you want something more complicated just implement one
(you'll notice that simple-form is a total of 10 lines of code).

Forget your perfect offering.