[Bese-devel] component tree

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 18:14:52 UTC 2006

> > Could somebody give me a hint on the meaning of the _s and _f hidden
> inputs that are added to <ucw:forms, and related to those, what exactly is
> the role of the make-new-action call in <ucw:form?
>
> Well as i understand it the _s stands for the user session to look
> for, the _f is for the relevant frame and the make-action associates
> the action you want to execute with a string in the relevant frame. If
> you use slime, alt-.  your way to it.

Thanks. You'll have to forgive me if alt-. doesn't always enlighten me -
there's quite a bit of documentation in the code, but it's not much help for
understanding the high-level concepts used.

So why is the session put into a hidden input when it is also stored in a
cookie? Do UCW applications without cookies work at all? A quick experiment
seems to suggest they do at least simple things right, what is the
difference between an application with cookies and one without?

Also, I noticed that when no :action is defined for a form, the accessors &
writers of its fields have no effect. Is this by design? If so, why?

Bye,
Marijn