[Bese-devel] Re: UCW box-set - undefined-function error get it.bese.arnesi::get-match-handler

Lou Vanek vanek at acd.net
Tue Jun 13 11:08:45 UTC 2006

Tom Popovich wrote:
> Error:
>   I get undefined-function  :  get it.bese.arnesi::get-match-handler
> on current box set.
>
> Details:
>
> Downloaded  the box set release;   did load start.lisp   Many files
> loaded then I get:
>

> attempt to call the undefined function (setf
> it.bese.arnesi::get-match-handler) with args:
> #<Function (:internal (:top-level-form "matcher.lisp" 3993) 0) @
> #x20e4d7a2> :bind.
>    [Condition of type undefined-function]
>
> [[ I grepped all the lisp code and could not find any definition in the
> box set source code.]]
>

> Has anyone else seen this error w/ the latest box set
>
> Repro:
> *wget* http://common-lisp.net/project/*ucw*/*ucw*-*boxset*.tar.gz
>
> extract it.
>
> load  start.lisp

Line 122 of matcher.lisp creates the matcher that your Lisp is complaining about:
(def-matcher :bind (spec var)

When file matcher.lisp is loaded it should be creating the :bind matcher (with this line).

The matcher is stored in the match-handler hash table, so as long as hash.lisp
and matcher.lisp are loaded prior to the file that is giving you trouble the
function that is causing you the trouble should be defined.

Perhaps you could tell us your Lisp version and show us a longer transcript
of the output of where the error is occurring so we can see what is prompting
the error.

Is matcher.lisp and hash.lisp loading w/o error and warning?
What file is loading when you get the error? Do you know the line number
or function that it dies on?

Lou Vanek
--
Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist.