[Bese-devel] Re: <ucw: input elements and javascript

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:44:49 UTC 2006

> After happily playing with the <ucw:select, <ucw:text etc tags and there
> :accessors for a while, I came across situations where I needed to have
> javascript read and write to the value of such elements client-side. Since
> their values all seem to contain mysteriously hashed strings, this will not
> work. Is there a way around this? For example a way to turn off the hashing
> (it seems that is only necessary if you want to store lisp objects in them).
> Right now I'm messily working around them by using normal input fields and
> reading the post values from the request in order to store them in my
> component again... basically re-implementing the :accessor functionality.

Of course, in my previous mail I was actually only referring to 'select' and
'hidden' tags, because other kinds can be manipulated in javascript just
fine.

Also, I think there is a bug with <ucw:input tags that have :type "checkbox"
- browsers do not seem to add a variable to a request for an unchecked
checkbox, causing the :accessor or :writer on such tags to never run when
the box is unchecked.

Marijn