[Bese-devel] <ucw: input elements and javascript

Marijn Haverbeke marijnh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:18:38 UTC 2006

Hi again,

After happily playing with the <ucw:select, <ucw:text etc tags and there
:accessors for a while, I came across situations where I needed to have
javascript read and write to the value of such elements client-side. Since
their values all seem to contain mysteriously hashed strings, this will not
work. Is there a way around this? For example a way to turn off the hashing
(it seems that is only necessary if you want to store lisp objects in them).
Right now I'm messily working around them by using normal input fields and
reading the post values from the request in order to store them in my
component again... basically re-implementing the :accessor functionality.

Also, it seems that there is no way to get at the parameters of a request
object without using internal ucw symbols. Is this intentional, or also a
case of forgetting to export a symbol?

That being said, this framework really rocks. Coming from PHP, it's a
delight to use.

Regards,
Marijn