[Bese-devel] ucw+ form support

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Tue Jul 18 18:04:25 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've pushed form support for ucw+. Updated test4.lisp accordingly.
Currently, it supports textfield, checkbox, combobox, mutliple-select,
radio form fields. What is missing is the file upload field and
textarea. Also, for an unknown reason, when form is posted IE6 kills
itself. Besides, it does not have validation yet.

After stating what is missing, it's good to state what is in the repo.
http://common-lisp.net/project/core-services/repos/ucw+/test/test4.lisp
contains the test4.lisp for viewing what is new. Here is the main idea,
render the form as html without putting any logic in it. Afterwards,
bind controller via render-javascript using input-connect.

Input-connect is a macro as:
(defmacro input-connect (dom-id &key accessor reader writer)
    ...)

One may suppy form element dom-id (or multiple id's for radio groups)
and the accessor to make form field work. All bindings are done via
05_form.lisp/initFormField js function.

I've put form example to http://labs.core.gen.tr/ucw-plus/test4.ucw for
testing. That's all for now. Here is the short changelog:

Tue Jul 18 16:52:47 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * added input-connect to exports.
Shall I push this patch? (1/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Tue Jul 18 16:53:11 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * 05_form.lisp added to repository as form handling js stack.
Shall I push this patch? (2/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Tue Jul 18 16:53:43 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * new form base tests added to test4.lisp.
Shall I push this patch? (3/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Tue Jul 18 16:54:02 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * added 05_form to js includes of ajax-window.
Shall I push this patch? (4/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Tue Jul 18 16:54:29 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * 05_form dispatcher added to ajax-application.
Shall I push this patch? (5/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y

Tue Jul 18 16:54:51 EEST 2006  evrim at core.gen.tr
  * input-connect added. From now on, input-connect can be used for form
input field handling.
Shall I push this patch? (6/6) [ynWvpxqadjk], or ? for help: y