[Bese-devel] A newbie question

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:04:08 UTC 2006

> The funny thing is that first marco introduced the :dispatcher option
> in which (action-dispatcher) was required like above, than he pushed
> it behind the scenes. A week ago or so i updated ucw again and found
> that a required action-dispatcher was needed again. I'm sure the
> knowledgable and thoughtfull ucw devs had a good reason.

the full story is that i've added a shared-initialize that always added the
crucial ucw dispatchers (a parenscipt dispatcher and the action dispatcher)
but due to user complaints about hard overridability (which is in fact one
user :) we ended up with the old solution plus a
make-standard-ucw-dispatchers function (which is only in the soon-to-be-dev
but still ajax branch).

so if you want to add your own dispatchers with :dispatchers then you must

:dispatchers (append (make-standard-ucw-dispatchers) yourstuff)

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"

Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)