[Bese-devel] Re: Need informations about the different projects

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 16:27:20 UTC 2006

On 7/4/06, Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> wrote:
> "Xavier Maillard" <maillaxa at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > 1. are there any good and serious application developed with UCW to
> >    see what is doable ?
>

> as far as showcasing ucw's features the examples are actually pretty
> good (if a bit trivial), if anyone else has a public ucw app i'd be
> happy to hear about it.

Well, maybe not good and serious, but just a few days ago i got a
simple site up and running at the tech.coop: www.sp-eskilstuna.se

don't mind the place-holder text and there's a layout bug in ie i
noticed. It's still in early stages and it doesnt have to be that
complicated, but what i liked was the sheer ease of developing it.
I've hooked it up with elephant for object persistance and cl-markdown
for easy webbrowser editing. It's got some edit in place functionality
helped by some extra code to propagate login information.

some numbers:
- reusable login and login propagate functionality, based on the ucw
login code, but is self sufficient: 63 loc
- reusable edit in place code, inclusive cl-markdown and elephant
integration: 110 loc
- the actual site code: 53 loc, and no html in sight

and it was a blast to program.

and yes i also would like to see some other ucw sites.

greets,
Ties