[Bese-devel] Need informations about the different projects

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 00:29:40 UTC 2006

> 2. can someone explain what is the ucw_ajax stuff I see here from time to
> time ?

a darcs branch into which i could commit all nasty things without the crowd
chopping my head off... :)

the two branches are going to be merged real-soon-now (Marco will probably
work with the ajax features in the near future). merging basically means
that the ajax branch will replace the dev branch, breaking some backwards
compatibility (afaik, only search/replace stuff).

and while we are at it, it would be cool if a fellow ucw user with a
non-trivial application would port it to the ajax branch and note all
incompatibilities in a document. i've made notes in the commit logs about
incompatible changes, but they are certainly not like a real port. it's not
a big thing... the easiest way i know to see the differences between the two
darcs branches is to start a pull from the ajax branch into a dev branch and
check the details of the log messages. the first entry should be this:

Thu May  4 17:14:55 CEST 2006  attila.lendvai at gmail.com
  * Store an action-struct instead of a simple lambda when making actions

make sure you answer yes to all pull? questions, because darcs skips
dependent patches. and be patient when darcs tries to resolve the conflicts,
it can take minutes until the first question appears. at the last question
you can stop the pulling process.

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
- I understand.
- No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"

Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället (Wild Strawberries)