[Bese-devel] Re: accessing component via standard-application.

Evrim ULU evrim at core.gen.tr
Fri Jan 20 15:01:22 UTC 2006

Marco Baringer wrote:

> instances of standard-application represent an entire ucw application,
>
>with all the sessions and users it may have. there is no single
>component tied to a standard-application. within a single
>request/response loop there is a current "root" component which
>represents the entire browser window as is available through
>(context.window-component *context*)

Hi Marco,

So does this mean, there is no way to access components from outside the
req/resp loop since context is not available?

I've observed this also while trying to instantiate my widgets from
repl. This behaviour is same with the java's app servers, i suppose. It
makes testing very hard, is there a way to artificially produce a
context, like in mock objects or cactus? Or Are there any better
solutions? (i'm not happy with java's context-based solutions)

Thanks.
Evrim.