[Bese-devel] Templating

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Thu Jan 12 22:11:01 UTC 2006

Evrim,

I have asked myself the same questions numerous times. I also
participate in IRC channels from other frameworks and have also
concluded that you should develop your application to spit out "ugly
HTML" and let the designers work with CSS to do what they do best. If
they cannot work efficiently with CSS, then look for other designers.

This is most clearly seen in a recent thread from Squeak/SeaSide. I
very much enjoyed reading it. Feel free to read it on:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-January/
subject.html under the subject "Rails and Seaside"

In particular, you may want to read:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-January/
006449.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-January/
006458.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2006-January/
006460.html

BTW, the images from the http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/
seaside/2006-January/006449.html post are attached.

Enjoy,
Waldo