[Bese-devel] Parenscript patches

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Feb 1 13:43:08 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:07:33 +0100, Henrik Hjelte wrote:
> 2. re2test finds reference.lisp in its new location in docs
> directory.

Ops, I forgot that one when I moved the docs...  Thank you!

> reference.lisp is updated but I still can't make the pdf
> documentation.  There are styles missing and all sorts of errors,
> see below...
[...]
> python pbook.py -o tutorial.pdf tutorial.lisp
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You don't necessarily need to specify the output if the name is the
same as the lisp file, because this is the default output ;-)

> ! LaTeX Error: File `fancyvrb.sty' not found.
> .... and more...

I bet this is a problem with your LaTeX environment.

On my Debian unstable, I can successfully create the documentation,
provided that I copy the docs/images/ folder to /tmp (I guess this is
a Debian-specific behaviour, i.e., creating temporary pdf in /tmp, as
in [1]).

=====
luca at gismo:~/Hacking/cl-debian/repository/parenscript-upstream/docs$ \
 cp -r images/ /tmp/
luca at gismo:~/Hacking/cl-debian/repository/parenscript-upstream/docs$ \
 python pbook.py tutorial.lisp
cd /tmp; latex pbookHpT1d_.tex && pdflatex pbookHpT1d_.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./pbookHpT1d_.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
[...]
Transcript written on pbookHpT1d_.log.
Wrote output to  tutorial.pdf

luca at gismo:~/Hacking/cl-debian/repository/parenscript-upstream/docs$ \
 locate fancyvrb.sty
/usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/fancyvrb/fancyvrb.sty

luca at gismo:~/Hacking/cl-debian/repository/parenscript-upstream/docs$ \
 dlocate fancyvrb.sty
tetex-extra: /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/fancyvrb/fancyvrb.sty
=====

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2006-January/001480.html