[Bese-devel] session expiration & threads

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:07:27 UTC 2006

> It seems removing sessions using (when (= 0 (random 50)) does not fit
> well with small usered sites. I may propose a seperate thread to expire
> sessions but i'm not sure about thread compability. Also, there are
> non-threaded vms.

as some background info: there are already some threading issues
around the service protocol. for example the session removal is
subject to multithreaded access currently...

i'll fix it in ajax eventually (it has bordeaux threads integrated
now) but it needs some nontrivial changes in/around the
service/dispatch protocol.

> Any ideas to solve this problem?

how about recording get-universal-time in a slot on app (e.g.
last-session-purge-time) and checking the time difference?

--
- attila

"- The truth is that I've been too considerate, and so became
unintentionally cruel...
 - I understand.
 - No, you don't understand! We don't speak the same language!"
(Ingmar Bergman - Smultronstället)