[Bese-devel] Development/Production Environment

Vladimir Sekissov svg at surnet.ru
Wed Aug 2 20:25:07 UTC 2006

Good day,

lists> Error: File error: Encoding remote file failed
lists> vc-file-clearprops: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
lists>
lists> I still don't know what that means. Looking around, I think it has to
lists> do with mimencode/uuencode. I don't have those tools on the remote
lists> system (Fedora FC4). So, I read that by issuing (setq tramp-default-
lists> method "scp") in my emacs profile should fix it, but that didn't. I
lists> also loaded Perl MIME::Tools, which have those libraries, but that
lists> didn't work either.

Try Tramp's "scpx" method and turn tramp-debug-buffer to t. May be
Tramp debug output give you some ideas.

Best Regards,
Vladimir Sekissov