[Bese-devel] Re: some docs

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 07:33:47 UTC 2006

Nice, I'll change them in the tutorial also. Just one remark:

> hunk ./README 381
> -$ export CONFIGFILE=/etc/ucw/conf.lisp
>
>   This is not necessary because it's already in /etc/ucw/ucwctl.conf
>   and the default in ucwctl.  And if you plan different run with
>   different CONFIGFILEs, I suggest to not export anything, instead:
>
>     $ CONFIGFILE=/path/to/config-file cl-launch...

The export is necessary in this example because it bypasses ucwctl
altogether. Without it the line below it won't get ucw to the config
file:

$ cl-launch -X -l your-lisp-invoke-name -p
/path/to/ucw/dependency/asd/files/dir NO_QUIT=yes --
/etc/ucw/start.lisp

I put it in to show how ucwctl worked and to show how ucw can be
started without detachtty. Granted, it might be a bit to much detail,
but then i suggest changing the text to get rid of the whole cl-launch
invocation example.

greets,
Ties