[Bese-devel] Re: some docs

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Apr 16 00:47:20 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:20:03 +0200, Ties Stuij wrote:
> here are some doc patches. I updated the README, and i added my
> tutorial to the docs section.

I've some comments, but I haven't committed the patch ;-)

hunk ./README 381
-$ export CONFIGFILE=/etc/ucw/conf.lisp

  This is not necessary because it's already in /etc/ucw/ucwctl.conf
  and the default in ucwctl.  And if you plan different run with
  different CONFIGFILEs, I suggest to not export anything, instead:

    $ CONFIGFILE=/path/to/config-file cl-launch...

hunk ./README 392
-can't yet supply more than one dir through ucwctl. NO_QUIT isn't
-defined in the cl-launch script; people familiar to shell scripting
-will or will not know what this is for. The last bit of text is the
-startup file for ucw, which you can pretty much leave as
+can't yet supply more than one dir through ucwctl. When NO_QUIT is
+set, cl-launch doesn't exit after having executed the last bit of
+text, the startup file for ucw, which you can pretty much leave as

  The following example is self-explanatory IMHO:

    $ cat test.lisp
    (format t "Test~%")
    $ cl-launch -X -l sbcl -- test.lisp
    Test
    $ cl-launch -X -l sbcl NO_QUIT=yes -- test.lisp
    Test
    * (quit)
    $

hunk ./README 419
+[ADD THE NEW OPTIONS HERE]

  I mean, since this night patches, like -k|--stop-file...

hunk ./README 441
-All the options, except for --log-root and --run-root are configurable
-through /etc/ucw/ucwctl.conf . In ucwctl.conf default values are
-provided except for the lisp implementation and the .asd directory. If
-you have configured those last two, you have put the files from
-/path/to/ucw_dev/bin/etc in /etc/ucw/ and you are root, you can start
-ucw by invoking:
+All the options are configurable through /etc/ucw/ucwctl.conf .  If
+you want to specify different paths for --log-root and --run-root, add
+LOGROOT=/path/to/log-root and RUNROOT=/path/to/run-root, leaving
+VARROOT empty. In ucwctl.conf default values are provided except for
+the lisp implementation and the .asd directory. If you have configured
+those last two, you have put the files from /path/to/ucw_dev/bin/etc
+in /etc/ucw/ and you are root, you can start ucw by invoking:

  Actually, even LOGROOT and RUNROOT are configurable in ucwctl.conf.
  As soon as one of the two is specified, its value overrides the
  general VARROOT (i.e. VARROOT/log/ucw and VARROOT/run/ucw,
  respectively).

HTH!

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca