[Bese-devel] Re: File upload problem

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Apr 7 09:03:07 UTC 2006

Aycan iRiCAN <aycan.irican at core.gen.tr> writes:

> Hi,
>
> One of our users having problem when she tries to upload his
> photograph. At the backend I'm getting this error:
>
> invalid array index 163 for "!\"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~" (should be nonnegative and <94)

educated guess:

that error message is signaled by the as-ascii-char function in
rfc2388. as-ascii-char is called to convert the bytes in a mime part's
headers into a character, so i'm going to assume that this error is
occuring when trying to decode the file's name (i can't think of
another mime header which would have non-7-bit-asci characters in
it).

so, question #1: what's the name of the file? if you change it
something using only ascii chars does the problem go away?

as a hack fix until we figure out if this is the real issue and, if so,
what encoding is being used, use this:

(defun as-ascii-char (byte)
  "Assuming BYTE is an ASCII coded character retun the corresponding character."
  (code-char byte))

instead of the as-ascii-char function in rfc2388/source/rfc2388.lisp

> The problem occurs when uploading the file with IE6. Firefox 1.5
> successfuly send the file. I just tried to find the problem but
> rfc2388 has lot's of bits&bytes for me. I'm attaching the file.

thanks, but at this point i don't think the file is the problem.