[Bese-devel] starting problems (cl-launch)

pjd tech pjdtech2000 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 16:31:53 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I having problems getting UCW_DEV going. (I had it working a while back when
everything was in one tar ball). Now I am pulling the development versions
from Darcs repositories as mentioned in the quickstart guide.

Mainly I am not sure how CL-Launch thing is supposed to work. I untarred the
cl-launch package and added the folder to my local PATH.
But ucwctl couldnt even start with that.
I renamed CL-Launch.sh as cl-launch.  Then UCW will mostly load (tail -f the
dribble file). But finally breaks like this ,

37: (SB-INT:EVAL-IN-LEXENV
     (PROGN
      (SET-DISPATCH-MACRO-CHARACTER #\#
                                    #\!
                                    #'(LAMBDA (STREAM CHAR SB-DEBUG:ARG)
                                        (DECLARE (IGNORE CHAR SB-DEBUG:ARG))
                                        (VALUES (READ-LINE STREAM))))
      (LOAD "/home/pjdurai/software/lispprogs/cl-launch/cl-launch"
            :VERBOSE
            NIL
            :PRINT
            NIL)
      (FUNCALL (INTERN (STRING :RUN) :CL-LAUNCH)
               :INIT
               "(load (pop cl-launch:*arguments*))"
               :QUIT
               NIL))
     #<NULL-LEXENV>)
38: (SB-IMPL::PROCESS-EVAL-OPTIONS
     ((SB-EXT:DISABLE-DEBUGGER)
      "(progn(set-dispatch-macro-character #\\# #\\! #'(lambda(stream char
arg)(declare(ignore char arg))(values (read-line stream))))(load
\"/home/pjdurai/software/lispprogs/cl-launch/cl-launch\" :verbose nil :print
nil)
(funcall(intern(string :run):cl-launch) :init \"(load (pop
cl-launch:*arguments*))\" :quit nil))"))
39: (SB-IMPL::TOPLEVEL-INIT)
40: ((LABELS SB-IMPL::RESTART-LISP))

More info:

slackware 10.2, sbcl 0.9.11 binary release, recent versions of pretty much
every other dependency.
I dont understand how cl-launch would work. Any help appreciated.

Appreciate your time.

thanks
pj