[Bese-devel] another ucw tutorial

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Apr 5 08:47:35 UTC 2006

Hello!

Just a quick comment (I don't have a lot of time for a deeper
read...).

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:52:31 +0200, Ties Stuij wrote:
> - Which dependencies of ucw are covered by apt-get on debian? all? I
> found some info which i presented as facts but they are probably out
> of date.

The references about UCW on Debian is this thread [1].  Here some
corrections about the tutorial Debian section:

- the cl-rfc2388 package in Debian is the upstream one and not Marco's
  fork, so it shouldn't work with UCW.  As a side note, after some
  discussion I had with Marco, he'd like to merge back his fork.

- parenscript is now in unstable, it should reach testing soon.

- slime is present in testing non-free, because of a license problem
  with a specific file for the swank module.  If you don't want to
  connect within Emacs, you just need the cl-swank package.

I'd suggest including your tutorial in the UCW repository ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

[1] http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/cl-debian/2006-March/001113.html