[Bese-devel] another ucw tutorial

Drew Crampsie drewc at tech.coop
Wed Apr 5 07:43:56 UTC 2006

Great job so far. I just want to mention a few things.

Under no circumstances ever should a debian user use the .debs for lisp
based development. It will only cause problems in the end.

The arnesi and yaclml packages (among others) in debian lag way too far
behind to be useful, and will only cause headaches and frustration.
(i am a long time debian+lisp user, so you'll just have to take my word
on this).

On top of that, c-l-c is basically just screwed, especially for SBCL
users. Best idea is to use asdf-install or manual methods over apt-get.

Besides that, it's a great piece of work so far!

drewc