[Bese-devel] Reusable Components -- UCW and ContextL

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Sun Sep 25 10:51:31 UTC 2005

[...]

> P.D. Is it only me having problems with the demo apps and the upload
> form demo? I can't successfully upload anything without breaking
> something.

The demo upload seems to work for me, but it's impractical for real use:
for larger files you really need the upload to go directly into a
file-based stream.

Marco was careless enough to mention that he'd be fixing it around the
end of September, so everyone promptly dropped any work being done on it
and now we're all waiting for Marco :-)

IMHO the best way is to add a filename-generator parameter to parse-mime
in rfc2388.lisp, instead of the current TBNL-specific hack. Then TBNL
could call parse mime with its implementation of
make-tmp-file-name. There were two issues that I ran into: 1) I couldn't
figure out the encodings to use and got errors that I couldn't
understand, 2) the call to parse-mime is on a fairly low level within
the UCW backend and I couldn't think of a good way to pass the
make-tmp-file-name function down to these lower layers from the
application level.

--J.