[Bese-devel] tal:dolist

vlado tzankov vtzankov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:07:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am new to UCW and I am doing some simple tests with it.
I came to tal:dolist attribute.

In a previous message in this mailing list I read the following (which
seems to be true):

tal:dolist="(something)" - (SOMETHING) returns a list of tal
environment objects (which are themselves lists of alists, clos objects
or hash tables).

I do not know the internals of the framework, but why the objects
themselves should be lists?

For example I have 100 clos objects and I make a list of them - and I
pass this list to tal:dolist to handle. It complained that the first
object is not a list. After I made a list of 100 lists (every inner
list contained just a single element - the clos object), everything
worked.

What is the idea behind this? (since I see it is done on purpose).

Besides that - from what I have seen and tried till now - great work.

BR
	Vlado Tzankov