[Bese-devel] presentions and admin patches

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 18:08:58 UTC 2005

> > 70c70
> > < (defaction create-an-object ((address-editor address-editor) instance)
> > ---
> >> (defmethod/cc make-new-instance ((a address-editor) instance)
>
> why doesn't defaction work here?

It might. I thought the two (person-editor and address-editor) cases should
look the same. Please check before you commit, it is possible that I got
entangled in various source code versions.

> > 108c108
> > <         :message (format nil "Swank server started on port ~D."
> > (swank:create-swank-server 0))))
> > ---
> >>         :message (format nil "Swank server started on port ~D."
> > (swank:create-swank-server 0 :fd-handler))))
>
> do you think this is worth applying or sholud we wait for the sbcl
> guys to voice an opinion?

Well, it works OK for me, for now. I have already asked on the sbcl and slime
lists, and the reply (by Christophe Rhodes) was that with the default :spawn
mode, GC is not run soon enough after a thread is spawned to execute an
arbitrary slime command, resulting in the system being asked for more memory
(even though it is never used). I do not know when someone is going to address
the issue, and I am neither a slime nor a sbcl expert. But I have experienced
bumping into the 4GB wall after a few hours hacking through slime. I have
thusly added :fd-handler in my .slime.lisp, too.

Alex