[Bese-devel] presentions and admin patches

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 12:04:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am not sure if I have sent this already:

diff -rN old-ucw_dev/examples/presentations.lisp
new-ucw_dev/examples/presentations.lisp
25c25
<   (if (slot-boundp p 'dob)
---
>   (if (and (slot-boundp p 'dob) (dob p))
60c60
< (defmethod make-new-instance ((e person-editor) instance)
---
> (defmethod/cc make-new-instance ((e person-editor) instance)
70c70
< (defaction create-an-object ((address-editor address-editor) instance)
---
> (defmethod/cc make-new-instance ((a address-editor) instance)

Also, I use SBCL and there is a problem with the :spawn SLIME communication
mode. Namely, every thread spawn adds several megabytes to the used virtual
memory. Until this is fixed by someone, I am experimenting with the following:

diff -rN old-ucw_dev/src/admin/admin.lisp new-ucw_dev/src/admin/admin.lisp
108c108
<         :message (format nil "Swank server started on port ~D."
(swank:create-swank-server 0))))
---
>         :message (format nil "Swank server started on port ~D."
(swank:create-swank-server 0 :fd-handler))))

Alex