[Bese-devel] ./bin/ucwctl suggestions

Craig McDaniel craigmcd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:36:06 UTC 2005

On Thu Sep 08 2005 at 13:56, "Marco Baringer" <mb at bese.it> wrote:

> Craig McDaniel <craigmcd at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Suggested changes to ./bin/ucwctl (Darcs patch included)
>>

>> 1. CMUCL uses "-eval" instead of "--eval" for command line
>>    argument. Change the ucwctl script to use more flexible $EVAL
>>    variable.
>
> would it be worth the offort to use fare's lisp.sh (or whatever it's
> called) script generator? that apperas to support quite a large number
> of differente lisps.

I'm pretty new at lisp and am not familiar fare's lisp.sh shell
script. I'll find it and have a look at it.

>> 2. When calling "ucwctl stop", attachtty only accepts one argument, the
>>    remote socket. It doesn't know what to do with the "eval" commands
>>    passed in. Replaced with echo and pipe commads to provide graceful
>>    shutdown. Keep the "kill -s QUIT" command available as "stop2" in
>>    case the graceful method doesn't work.
>
> i've a modified version of attachtty which accepts both the eval and a
> timeout argument. what's the canonical location for detachtty? who
> develops it? is there some 'official' web page i can look to and see
> what options people can be expected to have?

I got my detachtty from
ftp://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/lisp/detachtty/detachtty_9.tar.gz, which I
found from the http://www.cliki.net/detachtty page. I don't know if
either is the official home of detachtty. Referring to your other post,
this version 9 does seems to work fine piping commands into its stdin.

Thanks for your reply, I'm learning a lot from your videos about slime
and ucw.

--
Craig McDaniel