[Bese-devel] multiple forms and s/f/a inputs

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 18:23:38 UTC 2005

> The nested edit form in the presentations example (where one should enter
> last name) does not work for me (I hope I did not break something) because
when I
> click on its "Ok" both its hidden inputs named "s", "f" and "a" and its
> enclosing form's hidden inputs with the same names are sent to the server.

I found on the web that forms cannot be nested (semantically, even though
syntactically they can). I am not yet positive about whether multiple forms are
always all submitted together, or only one can be submitted (but this is easy
to check by looking at name-value pairs that come in a request from a browser).

> 1. What specification document should one read as a definite standard (if
> there
> is such a thing) for forms semantics? (I found
> http://whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#form0)

I found many useful resources on the web, and there does not seem to be a good,
definitive spec (news?!).

Alex