[Bese-devel] UCW Installation

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue Sep 6 03:27:42 UTC 2005

Just as an FYI, I tried to install a fresh copy of UCW on a  Mac OS
machine with SBCL and came across a couple of problems:

1) The copy of UCW I downloaded via darcs (stable version) does not
work with stable version of arnesi (darcs). It worked with arnesi_dev
2) After it finally compiled everything, the console shows:

WARNING: Can't start slime server due to lack of threads.
2005-09-05T23:21.50 +INFO+ IT.BESE.UCW::UCW-LOGGER: Starting up
standard server #<STANDARD-SERVER HTTPD-BACKEND 2 {405B71C9}>.

I don't necessarily know what the WARNING means, however, looking at
the next line, seems to indicate the server is running.

Unfortunately, when I go to http://localhost:8080/ucw/examples/
index.ucw, I get the following error:

2005-09-05T23:22.07 +ERROR+ IT.BESE.UCW::UCW-LOGGER: Error #<SIMPLE-
ERROR {10F3F6B9}> while serving action.
2005-09-05T23:22.07 +ERROR+ IT.BESE.UCW::UCW-LOGGER: Aborting action.
Control stack guard page temporarily disabled: proceed with caution

debugger invoked on a SB-KERNEL::CONTROL-STACK-EXHAUSTED: Control
stack exhausted (no more space for function call frames).  This is
probably due to heavily nested or infinitely recursive function
calls, or a tail call that SBCL cannot or has not optimized away.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
   0: [RETRY       ] Retry rendering the component #<ERROR-COMPONENT
{1120A711}>.
   1:                Retry calling RENDER-ON.
   2: [SERVER-ERROR] Send the client an internal server error page.
   3: [CONTINUE    ] Ignore and continue with next --eval option.
   4: [ABORT       ] Skip rest of --eval options.
   5:                Skip to toplevel READ/EVAL/PRINT loop.
   6: [QUIT        ] Quit SBCL (calling #'QUIT, killing the process).

(SB-KERNEL::CONTROL-STACK-EXHAUSTED-ERROR)
0]

Any help would be appreciated in order to make this run on this Mac.

The Mac is running Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) with SBCL 0.9.4

Thanks,
Waldo