[Bese-devel] UCW vs Seaside (and Scheme)

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun Sep 4 09:58:44 UTC 2005

Aleksandar Bakic <a_bakic at yahoo.com> writes:

>> Is it just code wrapped by...
>
> I meant to say, I suppose the CPS transformer knows what code should be
> transformed and what code is 'simple' so as to be called directly (and
> compiled), so it closes over code wrapped by arnesi macros. I know you've been
> using sucla to rewrite some of CL so that, I suppose, it can be used with
> continuations (and interpreted). Is there more to this than my by-the-book
> understanding? (I hope to find time to read the arnesi code eventually...)

the transformer used to do that, it would check if a particular form
needed cps transforming and if not just leave it alone. however the
interpreter doesn't do that atm (and this would create a few problems
with lexicals which i don't want to get into).

the reason for using sacla is thta i need (fsvo need) to be able to do
this:

(mapcar (lambda (object)
          (call 'check-if-object-required))
        objects)

and the only way to make this work is to have the interpreter know how
mapcar is implemented. once you add mapcar then why not remove-if?
onec you add remove-if why not find? ...