[Bese-devel] require a login

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Fri Oct 28 13:21:10 UTC 2005

Jan Rychter <jan at rychter.com> writes:

> Simple question: how do you require a login into your application?
>
> The wiki example isn't quite enough for me -- the "UCW way" example
> requires login in an action, while I require one before showing the main
> component, e.g. in the entry point. I quickly run into issues there: you
> need a window component if it's to be called from an entry point, and
> there is no way to answer (go back to an entry point).

there should be. this:

(defentry-point "index.ucw" (:application *idi-backoffice*) ()
  (call 'backoffice-login)
  (call 'backoffice))

is what i'm currently using for one of my apps (though that app is
running with a few week old copy of ucw so maybe i've broken something
in the meantime).

obviously backoffice-login is a window component and when the auth
credentials are good it answer (but not before).

> The other wiki example (using multiple entry points) quickly gets very
> complicated if what you have is not a single login, but two or more
> steps that the user has to go through before getting to the main
> application.

agreed.