[Bese-devel] performance

Alex Mizrahi alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:23:47 UTC 2005

> let's pretend for a second that someone managers to create an honest
> benchmark comparing ucw to other frameworks. i'd bet my left pinky
> that ucw will lose said benchmark, so if my lef pinky is worth
> anything we've just proven that ucw loses the benchmark and needs to
> be optimized, and we didn't even need to write the benchmark! :)

actually i don't have any intent on comparing UCW to anything else as
it is, but just to find UCW's limitations -- for example, how many
users (page queries) will it be able to handle simultaneously, just
order of magnitude of that value. can it, at least theoretically,
handle at least somewhat popular web site open to wide public?

as far as i understand, it's damn easy to cause DoS of UCW-based with
just an ab util, if CW is not specially tuned -- for each access to
index it creates session that eats some killabytes of RAM, so soon
server will consume all memory available (some gigabytes) and stop
handle requests.. certainly more clever rules for session invalidation
can fix this, but possibly it's not that hard to circument that rules
for a DoS attack..