[Bese-devel] CLISP + UCW + SLIME + REPL

vlado tzankov vtzankov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 22:27:39 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just managed to patch SLIME and Araneida CLISP support, so I am able
to run the UCW with Araneida backend and in the same time to connect
with SLIME to the REPL of the running CLISP. Regardless of single
threaded CLISP and lack of SERVE-EVENT functionality found in CMUCL and
SBCL - it is possible to emulate the serve-event stuff with
SOCKET-STATUS function in CLISP.

So generally CLISP+Araneida+UCW behaves like a multi-threaded system.

The changes I have made are mainly in SLIME - forced it to use the
Araneida serve-event emulation for CLISP (only if Araneida is present
of course).
However the patched SLIME currently does not work well with other lisps
(at least CMUCL) - hope soon to fix this.
There is small change in the host-serve-event in the Araneida clisp
compatibility layer as well.

If somebody is interested I can post the changes here (or somewhere
else) - btw the changes are tested only on OS X and CLISP 2.35.

BR
	Vlado

PS: I needed this configuration because of the excellent Unicode
support in clisp. It can be useful also for creating better win32 ucw
dev environment.