[Bese-devel] Form work

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Tue Nov 15 02:00:33 UTC 2005

I've heard that the presentations in ucw are expected to go away soon;
hopefully in favor of some Lisp On Lines goodness. However I have been using
what is there for the time being as I've been learning the rest of ucw. In
the meantime here are a few patches to the indirect-value class stuff (would
that be better off in arnesi?), the interface elements, and the presentation
thereof that I've pushed to ucw_public:

Tue Nov 15 01:24:22 GMT 2005  Nathan Bird
  * Extending slot-elements to filter on ie-type
Tue Nov 15 01:28:29 GMT 2005  Nathan Bird
  * lisp-value on composite-element initialize
Tue Nov 15 01:30:07 GMT 2005  Nathan Bird
  * splitting out render-slots to be a bit finer grained
Tue Nov 15 01:34:59 GMT 2005  Nathan Bird
  * stop present on set trying to access slots that aren't there
Tue Nov 15 01:42:16 GMT 2005  Nathan Bird
  * Intelligent error when slot not found
  When trying to access the slot-indirect-value of an object with a given
slot name,
  if the object didn't have a slot named as such it was going into an
infinite loop
  on (slot-indirect-value obj nil).

I've tried to separate these patches out so that you can cherry pick from
them, but there might be some stickiness in "splitting out render-slots to
be a bit finer grained". Even though I changed a function definition darcs
looked like it was reporting only new stuff in that location. Looking at all
the other patches I couldn't find anything else modifying that section.

The first patch "Extending slot-elements..." is necessary for several of the
later ones.

The last patch "Intelligent error..." solves an infinite loop circumstance
in the indirect value class. This infinite loop serves the distinction of
being the reason I wanted to improve the multithreaded httpd backend. :-)

Hope this doesn't cause any trouble, if it does feel free to unrecord them.
Or let me know and I'll try to help sort it out.

Nathan Bird

P.S. I had been doing really simple things in link actions up till now, and
then I hit case where I needed to execute two consecutive forms and to find
that it "just worked" was a great joy. http://paste.lisp.org/display/13379