[Bese-devel] darcs patch: minor changes in docs/QUICKSTART...

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Nov 13 15:38:04 UTC 2005

Hello Alberto!

On Sun 13 Nov 2005 12:51 +0100, Alberto Santini wrote:
> It was my first patch using darcs. Please, be patient :) and thanks
> for the advice.

Don't worry, it was just a suggestion ;-)

One disadvantage of using `darcs send` is that if you call it without
any other option, the mail subject doesn't include the repository, so
you don't know to which BESE software the patch should be applied :-(

> - I don't understand why, when I post a new topic in the mailing
> list, my post is a subtopic of the
> last post (sigh!). In this case'darcs patch' subject is a subtopic of
> bese continuations, but I'm
> sure to have done a fresh mail a not a reply.

Strange, on No Gnus 0.4 + GNU Emacs CVS your mail is correctly
threaded, I mean, I don't see it as part of the "bese continuations"
topic.  But on the web archive [1] is like your situation.

> I'm working on Mac OS X and I don't know if I have a mail environment
> configured correctly
> (sendmail) to send an email from command line, by darcs.

I don't own a Mac, but I checked on two OS X (Panther 10.3.9 and Tiger
10.4.2): both have Postfix installed, but not running by default.  So,
you don't have any `darcs send` error because the mail is sent to
Postfix, but as the last is not running, it's in the queue (check with
the command `mailq` on a terminal).  You should enable Postfix to
deliver mails and then `darcs send` should work as expected.

> About the comment... have I to be more specific (and not general)?

This should be asked to Marco ;-)

> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome.

BTW, please, don't top-post [2] :-)