[Bese-devel] ucw documentation effort

Adam Jones ajones1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 16:42:53 UTC 2005

Looking at the documentation provided from the source code I was
thinking that a decent place to start a reference would be to
restructure the current source documentation into a one page per
function/macro/class/(computational object just to have a generic term
for everything involved). From there the next step I see would be to
add descriptions for it and provide a facility for user comments. Yes,
this is almost exactly like the PHP documentation system, but that
works really well and I think it would be good here.

I think it would be useful to keep the "code generates base
documentation" concept and just expand the features of that
documentation. Then an up-to-date reference can be started
automatically whenever a new version is released. I also wouldn't mind
seeing a "click here to expand macros" feature in the documentation
where you can see the resulting text of any macro transformations on
code.

Anyways, just trying to start some discussion here, so, discuss.

-Adam