[Bese-devel] UCW and Unicode

Jan Rychter jan at rychter.com
Tue Nov 8 12:37:47 UTC 2005

I tried to use UCW in an application with Unicode content. It turns out
that there are some problems.

First, logging with loglevel +dribble+ won't work, as the logging stream
isn't able to accept utf-8. Second, <:as-html escapes non-ascii
characters, which really isn't what you normally want. Third (and
perhaps this is a result of the above) textarea interface element
escapes non-ascii input as well, so you get escaped characters in your
lisp strings.

This is using SBCL under Linux.

Unfortunately, I don't feel competent to fix these things...

--J.