[Bese-devel] Newbie problem - installed but not working ?

Robert Marlow bobstopper at bobturf.org
Wed Nov 2 23:59:36 UTC 2005

> http://127.0.0.1:8080/ucw/examples/index.ucw
> - don't work
>
> but:
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/
> - gives me page with examples :D
> Good for now.

This is the new location of the examples. The old link shouldn't work
so you're fine.

> 'Counter' works.
>
> 'Component Transaction' and 'Form demo':
>
> (+INFO+ 3339945696 IT.BESE.UCW::UCW-LOGGER "ACTION-PATH /EXAMPLE-WINDOW/SIMPLE-CONTAINER")
> (+INFO+ 3339945696 IT.BESE.UCW::UCW-LOGGER "Serving action UCW::SWITCH-COMPONENT in session \"BesghTbjdHfHxhZHWTjTITKNYGElYVRkPGxURIDP\".")
>
> and system hangs - after 2 hours sbcl takes all memory and commits suicide :D
>
> So, there's something wrong with my installation.

Aha! This is exactly the same problem I've been getting. Ok, if we're
both getting it we now know it's not our end. I've tried reinstalling
from scratch so it's not that.

However for me it's "Component Transaction" and "Add Some
Numbers". "Form Demo" works fine.

Both seem to mess up somewhere when calling the start action. I've
also written a simple task component to test the problem and I get the
same effect. I can keep the start action as simple as rendering a h1
tag and it will still cause a hang (so it wasn't the loop construct
like I originally thought sorry, Marco).

Any suggestions on how to further debug this would be appreciated.