[Bese-devel] Counter doesn't work in ucw 0.39: Can't find function "make-standard-environment"

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Mon May 16 14:21:58 UTC 2005

Ben Matasar <matasar at gmail.com> writes:

> Marco,
>
> Yeah, the problem was that I installed yaclml from asdf-install rather
> than using the one that came packaged with ucw.  I am now using the
> arnesi and yaclml from the ucw tarball, and most other packages from
> Cliki via asdf-install (including rfc2388, iterate, and others).
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Next question: the httpd backend doesn't appear to load the (whole?)
> wwwroot but does load the examples.  This manifests itself by giving
> me working examples with no stylesheet (aka plain old page).  The
> araneida backend (which I would prefer to use) doesn't give me
> examples or the stylesheet, but does start a webserver.

the httpd backend doesn't currently know how to server static pages,
it sends entry-ponit requests to ucw and returns a 404 for everything
else :(

the araneida backend _should_ work (the only thing you should see are
the 404s related to favico.icn). the first thing that comes to my mind
is: are you using the same host ("127.0.0.1") in both the cuw setup
and the browser? [there should be a warning in ucw's startup messages
to this effect].