[Bese-devel] form backtracking

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed May 11 06:03:43 UTC 2005

Dave Watson <djwatson at docwatson.org> writes:

> Is there an easy way to backtrack form elements?

if the form element is the slot of a component then just use the slot
option :backtrack t (or #'copy-seq or whatever). If the form element's
value is somewhere else you will need to call BACKTRACK yourself:

(ucw::backtrack (ucw::context.current-frame ucw:*context*)
                (ucw:make-place (ACCESSOR-FORM)))

You can do this at any point during the action.

> For example, in form.lisp there are implementations of backtracked
> text-fields, completing-text-fields, and a few others, but no
> checkboxes.

checkboxs have beena real pain in the ass for me, if you figure
something out i'd love to hear about it.