[Bese-devel] darcs

Le grand pinguin rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Jul 6 14:46:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:35:49PM +0200, Marco Baringer wrote:
> rm at fabula.de writes:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 03:42:42PM +0200, Marco Baringer wrote:
> >>
> >> ucw, arnesi and yaclml are now under darcs. the repositories are
> >> located at:
> >>
> >> http://common-lisp.net/project/ucw/repos/ucw/
> >> http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/repos/arnesi/
> >> http://common-lisp.net/project/bese/repos/yaclml/
> >>
> >> the history has been lost, so it goes.
> >>
> >> comments welcome.
> >
> > First:  Thanks! Finaly a VCS i don't need to struggle with.
> > Second: There seems to be a few buglets with the debian package
> >         support. There's a command to clean the source tree
> > 	before packaging:
> >
> > 	find debian/$(debpkg)/$(clc-files) -name .arch-ids | xargs rm -r
> >
> > 	that should either be removed or changed to
> >
> > 	-find debian/$(debpkg)/$(clc-files) -name .arch-ids | xargs rm -r
>
> i removed it.
>
> > 	The debian/rules file needs to be executable.
>
> how can i tell darcs to version the executable bit on files?
>
> > 	Why does yaclml _depend_ on cl-fiveam? Wouldn't a simple
> > 	'suggests' be more appropriate?
>
> definetly.

I just changed it locally and rebuilt the package. Seems to work
flawless. Wow, that's make migration of my app so simple. Just
a (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :ucw) - no more twidling with the repository
pathes ... cool.

> for what it's worth i didn't write the debianiziation of yaclml and
> have never used it, any other hints/suggestions wolud be appreciated.

Hmm, i'll have a closer look at them - maybe i'll find some time to
provide a debian/ dir for ucw as well.

 Cheers

    RalfD