[Bese-devel] Problem installing ucw

Luigi Panzeri matley at muppetslab.org
Sun Feb 20 18:58:14 UTC 2005

berry groenendijk <berry.groenendijk at gmail.com> writes:
> *** - Condition of type ASDF:MISSING-DEPENDENCY.
> Break 1 [2]>
> Break 1 [2]> :i
> component :RFC2388 not found, required by #1=#<SYSTEM "ucw"
> #x20325C6E>:  standard object
>  type: ASDF:MISSING-DEPENDENCY
> 0 [REQUIRED-BY]:  #1=#<ASDF:SYSTEM "ucw" #x20325C6E>
> 1 [REQUIRES]:  :RFC2388
> 2 [VERSION]:  NIL
> 3 [PARENT]:  NIL
>
> I am running CLisp. Problem seems to be that the startup file can not
> find the compont RFC2388. Despite the fact that it is present in the
> ucw directories. Can anyone please help with this?

Yes, your asdf system needs to find the rfc2388.asd that is located in
the systems directory of ucw tree. You have to add a:
(pushnew "/path/to/ucw/systems/" asdf:*central-registry* :test #'equal)

to your startup script.
I suggest you to create a default registry dir (e.g. ~/registry) if a
standard one is not provided (on my Debian i have ~/.clc/systems/ and
/usr/share/common-lisp/systems/), and link your asd file in it.

--
Luigi Panzeri

Evaluate Lisp: http://lisp.tech.coop/Evaluate%20Lisp