[Bese-devel] checkboxes

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Dec 28 14:39:32 UTC 2005

Alex,

I learned this trick when using Ruby on Rails. Basically, you create
a hidden field of the same name as the checkbox AFTER the actual
input tag with a value for when the check box is off. This way, when
the form is submitted, the user did not select the check box you will
get the "off" value and if the user selected the check box, you will
receive the on value.

Feel free to read here:
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/
FormHelper.html#M000346