[Bese-devel] Re: character issues. aka: http is a binary protocol, get over it.

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 18:16:55 UTC 2005

> > (Basically, I use utf-8 in textual
> > forms and binary images in multipart/form-data ones.
>
> Same for me.  I serve binary content, aside from UTF-8-encoded HTML,
> by publishing directory with images -- no dynamically created
> binaries.

My images are dynamic (handled like the other slot-presentations, and I am
going to make them RESTful, too), and I had patched rfc2388 locally to (IIRC)
treat request stream as binary for sb-unicode, when uploading images. When ucw
gets a complete solution, I will switch to it asap, as mine is probably just a
hack (I am no expert in HTTP encodings and such).

Alex