[Bese-devel] Re: Small form patch

Asbjørn Bjørnstad asbjxrn at bjxrnstad.net
Sat Dec 3 07:04:38 UTC 2005

Vladimir Sekissov <svg at surnet.ru> writes:

> I supposed that error collection would be done with `status-bar'
> component or something similar to centrilize message/error rendering
> by simply overwriting `report-error' method:
>
> (defmethod report-error  (component slot-name condition)
>   (show-message (format-error-pretty component slot-name condition)))
>
> `show-message' is a `status-bar' method and sends message to it.
> `status-bar' shows collected during request processing messages and
>  clears them after.

Ah, I see. I'll have to try that.

Meanwhile I wonder how I can pass arguments to the constraints.
I got two scenarios:
    I'd like the user to type in a password, and repeat it and then check
    that they match. So I'd like a :equal-to 'password, but I haven't
    figured out how to pass an argument to the constraint function.

    Another scenario is that I want a :unique 'table 'column check that
    looks up in my database. Again, I need to pass arguments to the
    function.

Any hints?
--
  -asbjxrn