Quick Lisp-on-Lines tutorial (was Re: [Bese-devel] yet another question (suggestion?))

Drew Crampsie drewc at tech.coop
Mon Aug 29 23:52:24 UTC 2005

Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Drew Crampsie <drewc at tech.coop> writes:
>

>>Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> Here's the requested stuff.
>
> I have however quite few questions:
> I have a clsq database model. Is it possible to just exchange
> def-view-class with the here mentioend macro?

Might work, unless your model happens to use inheritance, in which case
not without adding support for inheritance to LoL.

> I tried to get hairierpub running, but without tweaking the files it
> failed here:

The version of hairiepub that is in that repo probably does not build.
The whole thing is in a big state of flux right now, and has never been
released anyway.

> I'm (more and more) sceptical about the usefullness of ucw and sorry
> hairiepub does not help to improve on my doubts.

Well, pulling pre-alpha software and expecting it to work out-of-the-box
  is a little crazy.

[snipped whining]

> See my message about the read-only before a modifiable version. Nobody
> has explained it to me and I have worked three days on it to figure
> out what's going on without success.

I don't know what post you are refering to, but the likely reason nobody
has answered it is because it is not a "smart question". See
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for details about
what i mean.

Also, when someone gives you a good detailed answer, responding as you
did to this one will probably piss them off enough to not care about
your problems anymore.

you're welcome.

drewc