[Bese-devel] How to use tal-templates

Marco Simon marco_simon at web.de
Mon Aug 15 08:25:04 UTC 2005

Hi William,

I fear I didn't explain correctly what's my need.
Perhaps I should tell what I wanna do:

I want to embed some html or js snippets directly into
my ucw-code. (something like
(<:as-is code_snippet)

An easy example would be:
(<:as-is "<script type=\"text/javascript\"> alert(\"Hello
World\")</script)")

As you can see I had to escape several double-quotation-marks in order to
make lisp handle this as one Sting. This "escaping by hand" might be ok for
short and handwritten snippets, but if I've got some longer js-code with
lots
of " in it, it will become some work to escape all all of them " by hand
(if even possible).

This is why I'am looking for some function which escapes all " within
that snipped.
In php I'd easyly write someting like this:
 <? echo addslashes($snipped) ?> or
<? $mysnipped = '<script type="text/javascript"> alert ("Hello World")
</script>' ?>

I'm absolutely sure that something similar is even possible with lisp,
but I didn't
realize how to do so far.

Thanks for your hints,
 best regards