[Bese-devel] general question

R. Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Tue Aug 9 13:37:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 15:20 +0200, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> is anyone using a recent multithreaded SBCL together with an araneida
> backend?

As a caveat: my latest tests with Araneida/multithreaded SBCL have been
performed last year. I tried to use the mt Araneida server model for our
application but encounered reproduceable deadlocks/hangs in the
application -- there should be some SBCL mailing list entries about
these in Google's memory. I got the impression that the mt server wasn't
nearly as "maintained" as the serve-event one (and i never had enough
time to dive into the mt server code and fix it).

> Does server-event-listener  work for you with that SBCL?
> Are you able to use  a threaded-http-listener?

We use the serve-event-listener in one of our Applications (even without
a proxy in front of it). But that site has only moderate traffic
rezensionen.zeit.de).

> I ask because I'm trying to get something like that running for 2 days
> now, and the only system I can use at the moment is  a single threaded
> SBCL with a server-event-listener. I would be very happy to learn how
> one can use a multithreaded SBCL with UCW.

To me it looks like you'd have to fix two places: araneida's mt server
code as well as SBCL's socket handling in a multithreaded environment.

 HTH Ralf Mattes